Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Description of My 26 Months of Volunteer Service.
To view, click image then click to zoom on following page.

I came home.
Photo by Emily Maule.


And, I surprised my family.
Photo by Emily Maule.


It had been 26 months since I stepped on US Soil.
Photo by Pamela Maule.


I am glad to be home and start another adventure.
Photo by Emily Maule.

As a final act of closing my United States Peace Corps service, I am ending After School Detention. It has been an incredible two and a half years and I see nothing more fitting than ending my post-undergrad blog with the final act of my Peace Corps experience, my Description of Service (DOS) report. The DOS is documentation of a volunteers service and I took on the requisite as a challenge to summarize a very personal and creative two years in a very personal and creative way. My DOS is not a traditional DOS, nevertheless, it is signed and sealed by Peace Corps Mozambique's Country Director, Ruben Hernandez, making it an official government document. I encourage everyone to download it and read the description in its entirety. I consider it my last work of art in Mozambique. To compare it to a traditional DOS click here.

3 Comments:

Blogger jessie said...

I read it. It's amazing!
I love the creative spin you put on what could have been just another hum-drum summary.
It's amazing to read that and think on the tremendous journey you have had in the last 2 years. Well done my friend, very well done.
Though I was only in your presence for a brief part of that journey, I will never forget you and your gracious hospitality and friendliness towards us Canadian girls.
You are such a unique human being Patrick and I know the ripple of your impact in Massinga will be felt for years to come.
Best of luck on your future adventures in this life!

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Essay said...

Thanks for sharing, your blog is worth reading, nice post. Keep it up.

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home