Friday, May 30, 2008


My front porch.


My bedroom.

My bathroom.


My bath buddy.


She is one bad mamma jamma.


My students from Turma 22.


My students from Turma 17.


More of Turma 17.


Chase and Ali chilling at the library.


Inhambane.


Cameron forcing a smile.


The longest boat ride from Maxixe to Inhambane.


Dino's.


Dancing girls at Dino's.


Bloody Marys, pizza, and conversation at Dino's.


Relaxing evening at Tofo.


Ninjas at Tofo.


Me, being over-dramatic.


Intense. Like backwoods Utah.


Night shot at Tofo.


Exploring Tofo at night.


Tofo.

Cartwheels at Tofo.

After the wonderful week in Chimoio, I returned to school for a few meetings then was able to enjoy my first holiday vacation of 2008. Cameron got into Massinga around 5:30am and, by the evening, we were eating Mozambican cuisine in Inhamussua with Chase. We all enjoyed some great "bro-time" and had both heartfelt and outrageously ridiculous conversations. We ate well, met some Peace Corp Volunteers from Swaziland, and then went back to Maxixe Saturday afternoon. It was an exhausting power-vacation but a vacation nonetheless. To say the least, I was happy to get home...and I hope all are happy to finally see my home!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

nice to see you're still rocking the pink shorts.
tofo is so beautiful!
and the pizza at dino's is like no other.
hope you are well!
package on the way!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for a few months now. I randomly found it through a database listing of all Peace Corps volunteer blogs.

Yours is by far one of the better blogs, kudos for an artistic flare. Other volunteer blogs are far less interesting. Yay pics!

Keep up the fun,
A prospective PC applicant.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home